Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Business Income Manual

Trade losses - claims to relief

Relief for trade losses requires a formal claim. The legislation and practice that applies to all claims and elections specified by the Taxes Acts are set out in the Self Assessment Claims Manual (SACM). The information in BIM85070-BIM85090 should be read in conjunction with SACM.

For information on making and amending claims and supplementary claims, see SACM3000 onwards.

Guidance on late claims is at SACM10030