Leasing: avoidance: assets other than land: tax-relieved payments
S681DP Income Tax Act 2007, S886 Corporation Tax Act 2010
The capital sums legislation applies where a taxpayer makes a payment for which a deduction is allowed under any of the following tax reliefs.
- Allowance as a deduction in computing the profits or losses of a trade, profession or vocation.
- Allowance as a deduction in computing profits or gains chargeable as miscellaneous income, or in computing any loss for which relief is allowable under the miscellaneous income rules.
- Allowance as a deduction as expenses of management of a company’s investment business (see CTM08000 onwards).
- Allowance as a deduction as BLAGAB management expenses of an insurance company.
- Allowance as a deduction from employment income or in computing a loss in an employment.