Specific deductions: subscriptions: contents
The general principles determining whether a deduction is due in calculating the profits of a trade for subscriptions follow those for deductions generally. For general guidance on whether subscriptions and donations are paid wholly and exclusively for the purposes of the trade, see BIM37500 to BIM37510.
Associated guidance can be found as follows:
- mutual concerns - non trading - BIM24010,
- entertaining expenditure - BIM45072,
- charitable gifts and donations - BIM45150 onwards,
- mutual insurance associations (note subscriptions solely for trade risks are allowable) -BIM45590,
- farmers - BIM55280,
- industrial and provident societies - CTM40530 to CTM40535.
This chapter contains the following: