Relevant entities and groups: relevant entities
Paragraph 5 of Schedule 19
The bank levy is also charged upon certain entities (‘relevant entities’) that are not part of a group at the end of their accounting period.
These entities are:
- a UK resident bank - see BKLM243000
- a building society - see BKLM244000, or
- a relevant foreign bank - see BKLM245000.
An entity cannot be within these categories where it is either:
- a parent entity under Paragraph 4(1), or
- a member of a group headed by a parent entity under Paragraph 4(1).