Reviews and appeals for direct taxes: Appealing against a decision: Customer appeals within the time limit
The time limit within which customers must appeal against most HMRC decisions is 30 days. If the customer
- appeals and asks for further discussions or provides further information to the decision maker, see ARTG2211
- appeals and HMRC offer a review, see ARTG2212
- appeals and subsequently asks for a review, see ARTG2213
- appeals then notifies the appeal to the tribunal, see ARTG2214
- appeals against certain penalties or surcharges, see ARTG2215, this includes any Default Paper case, see ARTG8370.