beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Animation Production Company Manual

Overview and general definitions: Creative Industries Unit

HMRC has a specialist unit to deal with most claims for Television Tax Relief (TTR). Creative Industries Unit deals with claims to TTR only. It does not deal with all of a TPC’s tax affairs.

The exceptions to this are:

  • Cases that are dealt with by Large Business Service (mainly those which are part of larger groups) [may need to amend when protocol sorted out with LBS]

Companies only making programmes not entitled to TTR, or that do not claim TTR, will continue to be dealt with by their existing offices.

The correspondence address of the Unit is:

Creative Industries Unit
Local Compliance SO717 PO Box 3900
G70 6AA

Tel: 03000 510 795