The scheme: who is a wholesaler - overview
When deciding whether you should approve a business as an alcohol wholesaler, you should consider a number of questions:
- Are they UK established? – see AWRS20400
- Are they carrying on a controlled activity? – see AWRS20500
- Are they dealing in controlled liquor? – see AWRS20600
- Are the goods being sold to other businesses for sale or supply by that business?
- Are they covered by any exclusions? – see AWRS20800
Businesses that already hold another form of excise registration, for example a Warehousekeepers and Owners of Warehoused Goods Regulations (WOWGR) approval, will still need approval to carry on a controlled activity and are not automatically excluded from the scheme.