Women Leading in Education: regional networks
Get involved in your school-led regional network to support the leadership development of women in education.
This page is for teachers, system leaders, schools and others to identify and contact their local Women Leading in Education Regional Network.
We have appointed 9 school-led regional networks to promote women in leadership by:
- supporting women with their career progression
- facilitating leadership development
- providing opportunities to network and share effective practice
Increasing the number of women in leadership positions is a government priority. These regional networks are part of our commitment to support schools to increase diversity in leadership.
The role of the regional networks is to:
- raise the profile and importance of supporting women with their career within education
- identify and support more women with their career progression into leadership
- create local, regional and national networking opportunities to share experiences, such as job sharing and flexible working
- create the potential for development through coaching, mentoring and group discussions to raise aspirations and challenge myths and self-limiting beliefs
- take an active role in supporting our coaching pledge
- work with other providers to maximise opportunities for women
Find your local network
If you are interested in getting involved, contact your local network lead:
East of England
East pen portrait (PDF, 34.3KB, 2 pages)
East Midlands pen portrait (PDF, 42.8KB, 2 pages)
London pen portrait (PDF, 44.4KB, 2 pages)
North East pen portrait (PDF, 42.3KB, 2 pages)
North West pen portrait (PDF, 35.2KB, 2 pages)
South East pen portrait (PDF, 33.8KB, 2 pages)
South West pen portrait (PDF, 43.2KB, 2 pages)
West Midlands pen portrait (PDF, 116KB, 2 pages)
Yorkshire and the Humber
Yorkshire and the Humber pen portrait (PDF, 45.9KB, 2 pages)
If you’re a leader in education and you want to help more women to become leaders, pledge to coach. If you would like to become a coach, please read our information on Women Leading in Education: become a coach.
If you’d like to get leadership coaching, register your interest in being coached.
You can search the coaching directory for a coach in your area.
Women Leading in Education
Published: 14 July 2016
Updated: 3 February 2017
- Women Leading in Education regional networks pen portraits added for each region.
- Information added about how to identify and contact a Women Leading in Education: Regional Network
- The application round has now closed
- First published.