Information you'll need when you register for the levy or nominate premises as a registered warehouse.
Information you need to register
The text in this section will have force of law under regulation 13 of the Soft Drinks Industry Levy Regulations 2018 from 6 April 2018.
When you register for the Soft Drinks Industry Levy online, you’ll be asked:
- your Government Gateway account
- your business’ postcode and unique tax reference (UTR)
- your business’ address
- the addresses of any packaging sites
- whether you’re a producer, packager, or will need to report drinks that are brought into the UK
- whether the amount of liable drinks produced in the previous 12 months did not exceed the small producer threshold
- the estimated amount of liable drinks, in litres and for each band, that you expect to package in the next 12 months
- the estimated about of liable drinks, in litres and for each band, brought into the UK that you will need to report in the next 12 months
- your contact details
You’ll need to declare that the information you’ve given in the application is true and accurate.
How to nominate premises as a registered warehouse
The text in this section will have force of law under Regulation 12(3) of the Soft Drinks Industry Levy Regulations 2018 from 6 April 2018.
When you register, you’ll be asked whether you want to nominate any premises as registered warehouses. If you do, you must include the following information:
- the name of the person who operates the warehouse
- the address of the premises you want to nominate as registered warehouses
You’ll be able to update, add or delete registered warehouses using the online service from May 2018.