Information you'll need when you register for the levy or nominate premises as a registered warehouse.
Information you need to register
The text in this section has force of law under regulation 13 of the Soft Drinks Industry Levy Regulations 2018.
When you register for the Soft Drinks Industry Levy online, you’ll be asked:
- your Government Gateway user ID and password
- your business’ postcode and unique tax reference (UTR)
- your business’ address
- the addresses of any packaging sites
- whether you’re a producer, packager, or will need to report drinks that are brought into the UK
- whether the amount of liable drinks produced in the previous 12 months did not exceed the small producer threshold
- the estimated amount of liable drinks, in litres and for each band, that you expect to package in the next 12 months
- the estimated about of liable drinks, in litres and for each band, brought into the UK that you will need to report in the next 12 months
- your contact details
You’ll need to declare that the information you’ve given in the application is true and accurate.
How to nominate premises as a registered warehouse
The text in this section has force of law under Regulation 12(3) of the Soft Drinks Industry Levy Regulations 2018.
When you register, you’ll be asked whether you want to nominate any premises as registered warehouses. If you do, you must include the following information:
- the name of the person who operates the warehouse
- the address of the premises you want to nominate as registered warehouses
You’ll be able to update, add or delete registered warehouses using the online service from May 2018.