One-day GDS Academy course on the importance of research and design in government.
This GDS Academy course is for all staff who want to understand how we carry out research and design. You will get the chance to explore techniques such as interaction design and content design, and see how they work in an agile team.
You should not attend this course if you have attended GDS design training or the GDS Academy Foundation course.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to show how government carries out user-centred design to create inclusive services that are easy for people to use.
By the end of the course you will be able to explain:
- what user-centred design is
- why user-centred design is important
- how user-centred design is done in an agile team
- how the different disciplines in user-centred design work together
- Introduction to user-centred design
- User needs
- Disciplines in user-centred design
- Accessibility needs
- User research
- Designing simple services
This course is open to any member of staff at any Civil Service grade.
The course takes 1 working day. It runs from 10am to 5pm.
Training locations and dates
All Research and design in government courses are fully booked until 2019.
New course dates
We publish course dates around 4 times a year. Subscribe to our newsletter to know about new course dates, courses and programmes.
Request a place
To request a place on this course, email email@example.com with:
- your name
- your organisation
- the course name
- the date and location you would like to attend
- your training code (if your organisation has given you one)
We will confirm your booking by email, once we process your request.
GDS Academy training locations
Find out how to get to our training locations in Leeds, London, Manchester and Newcastle.