Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what this means
This manual includes information about Open Policy Making as well as the tools and techniques policy makers can use to create more open and user led policy.
- An introduction to Open Policy Making and design This section introduces design, digital, data and Open Policy Making and tell you when to use this Toolkit.
- 1. Diagnosis: finding the policy problem This section includes tools to help you understand a policy problem or policy area and the challenge facing you.
- 2. Discovery: understanding user needs This section helps you to understand users and their needs and begin to diagnose the policy problems and challenges that you need to fix.
- 3. Development: generating ideas This section shows how to translate user needs into policy and services and how you to work collaboratively with users and specialists
- 4. Delivery: prototyping and improving ideas This section includes tools to help you move from low fidelity ideas to policies and services that can be delivered to users
- Low cost tools These cheap tools can help make policy more open.
- What to do if you only have 24 hours This section is a step by step guide for running a workshop in 24 hours. It includes the tools and techniques needed to run through diagnosis, discovery and idea generation.
- Sensitive policy tools Tools for sensitive or unannounced policy areas.
- A-Z and glossary List of all the tools and techniques in the toolkit.