This manual includes information about Open Policy Making as well as the tools and techniques policy makers can use to create more open and user led policy.
- An introduction to Open Policy Making and design This section introduces design, digital, data and Open Policy Making and tells you when to use this toolkit.
- 1. Diagnosis: finding the policy problem This section includes tools to help you understand a policy problem or policy area and the challenge facing you.
- 2. Discovery: understanding user needs This section helps you to understand users and their needs and begin to diagnose the policy problems and challenges that you need to fix.
- 3. Development: generating ideas This section shows how to translate user needs into policy and services and how you to work collaboratively with users and specialists
- 4. Delivery: prototyping and improving ideas This section includes tools to help you move from low fidelity ideas to policies and services that can be delivered to users
- Low cost tools These cheap tools can help make policy more open.
- What to do if you only have 24 hours This section is a step by step guide for running a workshop in 24 hours. It includes the tools and techniques needed to run through diagnosis, discovery and idea generation.
- Sensitive policy tools Tools for sensitive or unannounced policy areas.
- A-Z and glossary List of all the tools and techniques in the toolkit.