Information on how to apply for places at HM Revenue & Customs Solicitor’s Office Open Day in April 2019
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) will host an Open Day in April 2019.
The event is for graduates and undergraduates who want to find out more about the work of lawyers and trainees in HMRC.
The Open Day will include:
- An introduction to HMRC Solicitor’s Office and its role in the wider Government Legal Profession
- Workshops demonstrating the work of litigation and advisory lawyers within HMRC
- A panel discussion with legal trainees and qualified lawyers in HMRC
Date and location
The Open Day will take place on Friday 12 April 2019 from 12:30pm to 5:00pm.
The Open Day will be held in Central London.
Who can apply
To be eligible to apply for a place on the Open Day, you must be:
- a law student currently in the penultimate or final year of your undergraduate degree
- a student of any non-law discipline currently in the final year of your undergraduate degree
- currently studying for the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL)
- currently studying for the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) or Legal Practice Course (LPC)
- a graduate of any discipline who completed their undergraduate degree, LPC, BPTC or LLM within the last five years
How to apply
Please complete and submit the online application form, which is available here.
Applications will be considered up until 5:00pm on 15 March 2019.
If you have any questions please email the Events Team.
Allocation of places
Your application will be assessed and successful candidates will be invited to attend the Open Day by Friday 12 April 2019.
Unfortunately feedback will not be offered to unsuccessful applicants.
If you have unsuccessfully applied previously, please note that this will not be taken into account when assessing your application.
Applications will be assessed according to the motivation demonstrated for attending the Open Day and interest in the work of HMRC and public law more generally.