Information on how to apply for places at HM Revenue & Customs Solicitor’s Office Open Day in December 2018
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) will host an Open Day in December 2018.
The event is for graduates and undergraduates who want to find out more about the work of lawyers and legal trainees in HMRC.
The Open Day will include:
- An introduction to HMRC Solicitor’s Office and its role in the wider government legal community
- Workshops demonstrating the work of litigation and advisory lawyers within HMRC
- A panel discussion with legal trainees and qualified lawyers in HMRC
Date and Location
The Open Day will take place on Friday 7 December 2018 from 12:30pm to 5:00pm.
The Open Day will be held in Central London.
Who can apply
To be eligible to apply for a place on the Open Day, you must be:
- a law student currently in the penultimate or final year of your undergraduate degree
- a student of any non-law discipline currently in the final year of your undergraduate degree
- currently studying for the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL)
- currently studying for the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) or Legal Practice Course (LPC)
How to apply
In no more than 250 words explain why you would like to attend an Open Day at HMRC.
Along with this paragraph send an email with your name, contact details, university and student status to HMRC Events by 5:00pm on Friday 9 November 2018.
Allocation of places
Your application will be assessed and successful candidates will be invited to attend the Open Day by 19 November 2018.
Unfortunately feedback will not be offered to unsuccessful applicants.
If you have unsuccessfully applied previously, please note that this will not be taken into account when assessing your application.
Applications will be assessed according to the motivation demonstrated for attending the Open Day and interest in the work of HMRC and/or public law more generally.