We are pleased to announce that the Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy now invites proposals for project bids for 2016/17 from Russia only.
The Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy (MCFHRD) is the FCO’s dedicated strategic fund supporting our global human rights and democracy work. Through targeted projects, it aims to further British interests overseas by tackling the root causes of human rights violations, strengthening institutions and governance, supporting the promotion and protection of human rights, and promoting democracy and the rule of law.
We are pleased to announce that the Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy now invites proposals for project bids for 2016/17.
The target thematic areas for 2016/17 are:
- Democratic values and the rule of law - Uphold universal rights, democracy and the rule of law as key building blocks for more secure and prosperous societies
- The rules-based international order - Support an effective rules-based international order that stands up for universal rights
- Human rights for a stable world - Promote a more stable world by upholding universal rights in tackling conflict and extremism
Concept bids are invited on all the thematic areas.
Projects must deliver outputs and outcomes relevant to the target areas. Bids will also be assessed against the following criteria:
- Alignment with MCFHRD priorities
- Evidence of local demand/need
- Project viability, including capacity of implementing organisation
- Project design
- Risk and stakeholder management
- Value for money
Applicants are requested to fill in the concept bid form in English and send them electronically to the British Embassy in Moscow at Anna.Shougaleeva@fco.gov.uk indicating ‘MCFHRD Bid’ in the subject field.
The deadline for submitting concept bids is 17.00 (MSK) Wednesday 3rd February 2016.
Successful bidders will be invited to submit a full project proposal (please find it attached for your information). You will be notified by 12th February 2016 if you are invited to do so.
Projects can be for one (2016-17) or two years (2016-2018). We would welcome bids for projects of £10,000 - £80,000 per year.
Proposal Form - £10k to £80k (MS Word Document, 223KB)
Project Concept Form (MS Word Document, 93KB)
MCF 1617 PROGRAMME STRATEGY (MS Word Document, 151KB)
MCF 1617 BIDDING GUIDANCE FOR POTENTIAL IMPLEMENTERS (MS Word Document, 189KB)
1617 Standard Grant Contract (MS Word Document, 171KB)
Published: 26 January 2016