Information for candidates applying for the Legal Adviser - Commercial vacancy in GCHQ
|Department||Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ)|
|Job title||Legal Adviser - Commercial (Senior Lawyer)|
|Location||Cheltenham or London|
|Salary||Grade 6 - £66,679 plus £5,500 London Pay Addition if applicable|
|Application deadline||Monday 4 March 2019|
As one of Britain’s intelligence agencies, GCHQ unlock the complex world of communications to keep our nation safe.
We work closely with MI5 and MI6, our partners in the intelligence community, to safeguard Britain’s people, interests and businesses from various threats. Think cyber-attacks, espionage, terrorism, and organised crime.
It’s challenging, varied and meaningful work that you simply won’t find anywhere else.
We are currently recruiting for a number of Legal Advisers to join the GCHQ Legal Team in Intelligence Agencies’ procurement and commercial function.
Providing sound commercial function and sound commercial legal advice on a broad portfolio of commercial matters, including major procurements and projects, commercial policy and standard terms of conditions, major negotiations, dispute resolution and avoidance.
Being the day to day contact for clients, advising on a range of legal matters including:
- Drafting contracts, tender documents and advice
- Advising on traditional and novel approaches to contracting
- Supporting clients on negotiations
- Advising on NDAs and conflicts of interest
- Attending and contributing to project boards, contributing to board papers, business cases and legal risk papers
- Providing training to clients and other lawyers in the team
- Liaising with external stakeholders on legal issues
- Advising on dispute resolution and avoidance, assessing contractual positions and potential claims.
For further information on the post and to apply, please visit the GCHQ Careers Website.
For application enquiries, please contact the GCHQ Recruitment Team.