Who should read this manual
Find out if this manual applies to your role.
Read this manual if you have responsibility for overseeing or managing the estate. This includes:
- leaders and governors of schools
- charity trustees of academies and academy trusts
- trustees of schools
- school business professionals
- those with responsibility for the day-to-day running of the school estate
- local authorities
- diocesan authorities and other religious authorities and bodies
Depending on your role, you may not need to review every section. Some sections are of particular relevance to leaders, governors and trustees of schools. Some are aimed more at school business professionals and those involved in the day-to-day management of the estate.
The extent to which you are accountable for certain actions will vary depending on the type of organisation. You should be clear what role you play in the organisation and who is the lead.
If you are unsure about your role and responsibilities, you should approach your immediate manager.