Transforming Teaching is a 2 to 3 year, evidence-based whole school programme for improving teaching, retention and career progression.
We are no longer recruiting for this programme and applications have now closed.
What you can get
Transforming Teaching is delivered by experts from the Institute for Teaching and is tailored to the needs of your school, but typically includes:
- an initial diagnostic to agree the support you need and a bespoke professional development curriculum addressing your school’s priorities
- bi-annual conference attendance bringing together head teachers and senior leaders responsible for teaching and learning to share best practice
- support and coaching from the Institute of Teaching faculty to guide leaders of teaching and learning through the change process
- fortnightly instructional coaching, working directly with teachers in the classroom to improve their practice
- fortnightly continuing professional development (CPD) sessions and ongoing bespoke training that supports the improvement and progress of selected staff
Who can apply
The programme is for schools that want to:
- focus on improving the effectiveness and consistency of teaching and learning
- improve retention of teaching staff or recruitment prospects for teachers with leadership potential
The programme is for schools rated ‘requires improvement’ or ‘inadequate’ by Ofsted in the following areas:
- Cannock Chase
- East Staffordshire
- Nuneaton and Bedworth
- St. Helens
- Telford and Wrekin
To apply you must be:
- a school leader or teacher
- able to demonstrate measurable action and improvement in teaching and learning, leadership effectiveness or teacher training and recruitment
When it’s available
Applications for this programme are now closed.
What it costs
Eligible schools should contact the Institute for Teaching. Programme costs depend on school type:
- primary schools: £4000
- secondary schools: £6000
- all-through schools: £6000
Find out more
See the Institute for Teaching website for more information.
See what other teaching and leadership innovation funded programmes are available in your area.