How the Gateway to Global Growth service can help you expand your overseas business, and how to apply for support through this scheme
Gateway to Global Growth helps experienced exporters expand into new markets and grow their business overseas. It offers a wide range of guidance and tailored support to companies over a 12 month period.
How the service works
When you apply for the service, you can receive the following help and support for your company:
- a strategic review with an International Trade Adviser to assess your trade development needs
- a next steps plan to help you reduce risks and increase opportunities of exporting to new markets
- guidance and mentoring with a UKTI trade adviser or other export professionals
- support on a range of specialist subjects eg protecting your intellectual property and managing foreign exchange
- access to UKTI’s international network in embassies and high commissions around the world
- business master classes and export training
- advice on market research
- advice on language and cultural issues
- introduction to international trade business networks
The benefits of Gateway to Global Growth for your business are:
- an increase in overseas business
- help with overcoming barriers to new and difficult markets
- development of company skills and capabilities
- saving time and money in achieving international trade goals
To apply for Gateway to Global Growth you should be a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) with between 2 and 10 years export experience. For full details of eligibility contact your local International Trade Team
How to apply
Contact your local International Trade Team to apply for the service or to find out more information. A member of the team will be in touch within 5 working days to discuss your needs and the service options which are best suited to you.
Support from International Trade Advisors is free. There may be additional costs depending on what services your company requires - contact your local regional UKTI team for more details.
Find out about how Gateway to Global Growth has helped companies increase their export capabilities: