Access support and expertise to help you think about the future.
The Futures Procurement Framework consists of 27 suppliers capable of supporting a range of government departments and public bodies (see eligible customers list below) with a variety of services to help them think about the future (‘Futures’).
This Framework is open to departments from February 2020 until 31 January 2023.
Why use the Framework?
Policy decisions made today have long-term consequences. However, the future in which these decisions have an impact is uncertain and making these decisions is difficult. Futures, Foresight and Horizon Scanning help to think strategically about long term opportunities, challenges and actions. This requires resources, collating different perspectives, and knowledgeable experts to guide you through the process. The Framework gives departments (and other public bodies) access to support and guidance for specific projects and for Futures capability building.
Types of service provided
- Services for describing and explaining the characteristics of a policy area (including trend and driver analysis, and systems analysis)
- Services for describing what the future might be like
- Services for developing and testing policies and strategies, and related decisions, particularly for their robustness and resilience
- Services for developing Futures capability within the Civil Service (including skills related to the above activities)
- Services and expertise related to specific fields (including, but not limited to, specific scientific and technological, social and economic fields)
- Cost effective support - suppliers have been selected based on the services they provide and their associated cost and quality
- Quick and easy contracting - with up to £50,000 direct purchasing
- Tailored support - to help you make informed decisions
- Large variety of choice - to allow purchasers to find the best fit
- Capability building resources – to boost your teams’ effectiveness
- Fresh perspective – from consultants outside of government
How to contract
For full guidance on how to use this Framework please refer to the customer guidance document below.
Please note from 1 April 2021, the Futures Procurement Framework will be managed by UK SBS. Please send any queries related to framework to the UK SBS Framework Managers at email@example.com.
The GO-Science Futures Team are able to advise on the use of the framework alongside other internal government contacts and resources. For assistance on project scoping and specification development contact the Futures Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need these documents in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com.
Suppliers and their services
Below is a list of the suppliers, with links to their prospectuses. Please contact the UK SBS Framework Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on specialisms, rates and contact details.
- Cranfield University
- Decisions Analysis Services
- Ernst & Young
- Frazer-Nash Consultancy
- Frontier Economics
- Global Futures and Foresight
- IfM Engage Ltd
- Market & Opinion Research International (IPSOS MORI)
- Nous Group (UK)
- Outsmart Insight
- Ove Arup & Partners
- Perform Green
- Pye Tait
- RAND Europe
- Risk & Policy Analysts
- RSK Environment
- Sami Consulting
- School of International Futures
- Shaping Tomorrow
- Shared Intelligence
- UCL Consultants
- Vivid Economics
- Waverley Management Consultants