One-day GDS Academy course on digital and agile within a policy environment, for staff in a policy based role.
This GDS Academy course is for staff working in policy or related areas who want to understand what digital means in government. You will get the chance to explore the methodology we use to deliver digital services, including agile. The course also includes a case study about how policy and digital teams have worked together to design and deliver digital services.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to provide an awareness of digital and how this is being taken forward across government, and share tips and best practice from policy colleagues who have experienced agile working.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe what digital means in government
- demonstrate the behaviours to support a digital team culture by supporting user-centred design, agile and multidisciplinary team approaches
- access guidance for policy makers working with digital teams - this guidance has been developed and is being iterated by policy teams based on practical experiences
- identify next steps and any further capability needs
- Digital awareness
- Thinking agile
- User centred design
- Policy and digital teams working together case study
- What next?
This course is open to any member of staff at any Civil Service grade, who is in a policy role.
The course takes 1 working day. It usually runs from 10am to 4:30pm.
Training locations and dates
|Newport||29 January||Places available|
We publish course dates around 4 times a year. Subscribe to our newsletter to know about new course dates, courses and programmes.
Request a place
To request a place on this course:
- your organisation must have a training agreement with the Academy
- you must have permission from the person or department that approves your organisation’s training budget
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your name
- your organisation
- the course name
- the date and location you would like to attend
- your training code (if your organisation has given you one)
We will email you to confirm your booking, once we process your request.
GDS Academy training locations
Find out how to get to our training locations in Leeds, London, Manchester and Newcastle.