One-day GDS Academy course on digital and agile within a policy environment, for staff in a policy based role.
This course is fully booked at the moment. If you want to know when a place becomes available, sign up for the GDS Academy newsletter.
This GDS Academy course is for staff working in policy or related areas who want to understand what digital means in government. You will get the chance to explore the methodology we use to deliver digital services, including agile. The course also includes a case study about how policy and digital teams have worked together to design and deliver digital services.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to provide an awareness of digital and how this is being taken forward across government, and share tips and best practice from policy colleagues who have experienced agile working.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe what digital means in government
- demonstrate the behaviours to support a digital team culture by supporting user-centred design, agile and multidisciplinary team approaches
- access guidance for policy makers working with digital teams - this guidance has been developed and is being iterated by policy teams based on practical experiences
- identify next steps and any further capability needs
- Digital awareness
- Thinking agile
- User centred design
- Policy and digital teams working together case study
- What next?
This course is open to any member of staff at any Civil Service grade, who is in a policy role.
The course takes 1 working day. It usually runs from 10am to 4:30pm.
The GDS Academy has offices in Leeds and London. We run training courses from both locations.
We also run courses in pop-up locations. You will see these advertised in the:
‘course dates’ section (on every course information page)
Ask a trainer to come to you
If you cannot travel to Leeds or London, you can ask a GDS Academy trainer to come to you. For example, they can travel to your office. You will need to pay for the trainer’s travel, accommodation and VAT.
If you want a trainer to come to you, email GDS Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New course dates
GDS Academy publishes new course dates approximately 4 times a year.
There are no new course dates for this course.
You can see these in the:
- GDS Academy newsletter
- ‘course dates’ section (on every course information page)
Book a place
You need a purchase order number before you can book a course.
Email GDS Academy
Email email@example.com, with your:
- mobile phone number
- course name, the number of courses, and the number of places
- course location
- course date
- purchase order number
Tell us how many trainees there will be
You can book for one person or a group of people.
If you want to book for a group, you can choose:
- an open group (people from other organisations can join the training)
- a closed group (this is only for you and people you invite)
If you are booking for a closed group, you must include:
- where you want to host the course (location)
- when you would like to host the course (date)
Contact GDS Academy
Email GDS Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org