One-day GDS Academy course on digital and agile within a policy environment, for staff in a policy based role.
This GDS Academy course is for staff working in policy or related areas who want to understand what digital means in government. You will get the chance to explore the methodology we use to deliver digital services, including agile. The course also includes a case study about how policy and digital teams have worked together to design and deliver digital services.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to provide an awareness of digital and how this is being taken forward across government, and share tips and best practice from policy colleagues who have experienced agile working.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe what digital means in government
- demonstrate the behaviours to support a digital team culture by supporting user-centred design, agile and multidisciplinary team approaches
- access guidance for policy makers working with digital teams - this guidance has been developed and is being iterated by policy teams based on practical experiences
- identify next steps and any further capability needs
- Digital awareness
- Thinking agile
- User centred design
- Policy and digital teams working together case study
- What next?
The course takes 1 working day. It usually runs from 10am to 4:30pm.
This course is open to any member of staff at any civil service grade, who is in a policy role.
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- the course you’re applying for
- your name
- your job title and organisation
- a short explanation of the services, projects or programmes you’re currently responsible for, or will be in the future
We can’t offer you a place on this course if you don’t include this in your email.