The Critical Thinking for Achievement programme develops the critical use of evidence in geography and science classrooms for primary and secondary teachers.
What you can get
Over the course of a term you get:
- 12 hours of locally-delivered continuing professional development (CPD)
- 2 days of professional development that includes a planning session focussing on classroom pedagogies, and a concluding session with peer and expert challenge
- a supported project that applies an aspect of specialist pedagogy to your classroom
- individual mentoring
- professional development sessions to share practice
- free access to national subject association support during and after the programme
- access to further development support and learning materials
Who can apply
Schools can apply if they:
- have been rated ‘requires improvement’ or ‘inadequate’ by Ofsted
- are in an opportunity or category 5 and 6 area
When it’s available
The programme is recruiting schools between October 2018 and November 2019.
What it costs
The programme is free.
How to apply
Register your interest by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more
See what other teaching and leadership innovation funded programmes are available in your area.