Darwin Initiative: scoping projects
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs and Department for International Development
- Part of:
- Darwin Initiative: funding schemes and how to apply and Biodiversity and ecosystems
- 16 May 2014
- Last updated:
- 24 November 2016, see all updates
Darwin Initiative: applying for scoping project funding
Scoping projects are small grants intended to help applicants who are new to the Darwin Initiative. The aim is to develop a workable project idea and build potential project partnerships within the country where the project would take place. A successful scoping project should lead to a main round project application.
The deadline for Scoping Project applications under Round 23 of the Darwin Initiative was 7 November 2016. You will be able to apply for Darwin Initiative Scoping Project funding later in 2017.
You can read more about a successful scoping project in this case study.
Published: 16 May 2014
Updated: 24 November 2016
- Changed the closing date for applications to Monday 19 December 2016.
- Round 23 is now open for applications.
- Alerting the public that Round 23 is now open inviting Stage 1 applications for Darwin Initiative main projects only but this does not include scoping projects.
- Updating the website to confirm that Round 22 is now closed and Round 23 will be launched in Summer 2016 and announcing that a recruitment exercise for new members of the Darwin Expert Committee is now open.
- Open access version of application form added.
- Announcing that the period for submitting Darwin Initiative Round 22 scoping project applications is now open.
- Update on Round 22 scoping project application round.
- Darwin Initiative - Round 22 is currently open for main round project applications only. Applications for scoping project funding will invited later this year (alongside applications for Post Projects and Darwin Fellowship awards).
- The application window is now open to apply for scoping project funding under Round 21 of the Darwin Initiative.
- First published.
Related guides: Darwin Initiative: applying for main project funding Darwin Initiative: applying for post project funding Darwin Plus: environment funding for the UK Overseas Territories Darwin Initiative: Fellowship Awards