Darwin Initiative: applying for post project funding
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs and Department for International Development
- Part of:
- Darwin Initiative: funding schemes and how to apply, Biodiversity and ecosystems, and Wildlife and habitat conservation
- 22 May 2014
- Last updated:
- 22 September 2016, see all updates
Darwin Initiative: information on how to apply for post project funding
Post project funding may be considered where there is a specific need to do more work on a successful and completed Darwin project.
You will be able to apply for the Darwin Initiative Post Projects under Round 24 of the scheme from late July 2017. The deadline for applications under the previous Round 23 was 7 November 2016.
Who can apply
Only existing Darwin project leaders can apply for post project funding.
Level of funding
There is no specific minimum or maximum level of funding for a post project. On average, a typical Darwin post project is between £100,00 and £150,000 and up to two years in length.
Before completing the application form, you might like to take a look at a case study showing an example of a successful post project.
Published: 22 May 2014
Updated: 22 September 2016
- Added application form as application period is now open.
- Round 23 is now open for Stage 1 applications for Darwin Initiative main projects only. More information on post projects will be available in due course.
- Updating the website to confirm that Round 22 is now closed and Round 23 will be launched in Summer 2016 and announcing that a recruitment exercise for new members of the Darwin Expert Committee is now open.
- Added an open access version of the application form
- Announcing that the period for submitting Darwin Initiative Round 22 post project applications is now open.
- Update on Darwin Initiative Round 22 post project application round.
- Darwin Initiative - Round 22 is currently open for main round project applications only. Applications for post project funding will invited later this year (alongside applications for Scoping Projects and Darwin Fellowship awards).
- To note that the 2014 application period for Darwin post projects is NOW CLOSED (from 8 July 2014).
- updated guidance notes
- First published.
Related guides: Darwin Initiative: applying for main project funding Darwin Plus: environment funding for the UK Overseas Territories Darwin Initiative: scoping projects Darwin Initiative: Fellowship Awards