Darwin Initiative: applying for post project funding
Darwin Initiative: information on how to apply for post project funding
Post project funding may be considered where there is a specific need to do more work on a successful and completed Darwin project.
How to apply
Before applying, please read the Darwin initiative: guidance notes for applicants – Round 24 (PDF, 1.27MB, 46 pages) . You will also need to refer to the document Finance for Darwin and Illegal Wildlife Trade.
Once you have read the guidance, please complete the Darwin Initiative: post project application form for round 24 (MS Word Document, 233KB) .
A completed Darwin Initiative: budget form - round 24 - stage 2 (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 114KB) must also be submitted with your Post Project application form [by invitation only].
When to apply
The timetable for Round 24 Darwin Post Projects is set out below:
- call for post project applications: Thursday 27 July 2017
- deadline for post project applications: Thursday 4 January 2018
- expected notification of successful projects: May 2018
- expected start date for successful projects: From 1 July 2018
Who can apply
Post projects are open to all Darwin projects due to close this year and those closed within the past year.
Level of funding
There is no specific minimum or maximum level of funding for a post project. The funding pot is however limited. Further information on the size of Darwin Post Projects can be found in the Darwin initiative: guidance notes for applicants – Round 24 (PDF, 1.27MB, 46 pages) .
Before completing the application form, you might like to take a look at a case study showing an example of a successful post project.
Published: 22 May 2014
Updated: 27 July 2017
- Added information on how to apply for Darwin post project funding round 24.
- Added application form as application period is now open.
- Round 23 is now open for Stage 1 applications for Darwin Initiative main projects only. More information on post projects will be available in due course.
- Updating the website to confirm that Round 22 is now closed and Round 23 will be launched in Summer 2016 and announcing that a recruitment exercise for new members of the Darwin Expert Committee is now open.
- Added an open access version of the application form
- Announcing that the period for submitting Darwin Initiative Round 22 post project applications is now open.
- Update on Darwin Initiative Round 22 post project application round.
- Darwin Initiative - Round 22 is currently open for main round project applications only. Applications for post project funding will invited later this year (alongside applications for Scoping Projects and Darwin Fellowship awards).
- To note that the 2014 application period for Darwin post projects is NOW CLOSED (from 8 July 2014).
- updated guidance notes
- First published.
Related guides: Darwin Initiative: applying for main project funding Darwin Plus: environment funding for the UK Overseas Territories Darwin Initiative: scoping projects Darwin Initiative: Fellowship Awards