Darwin Initiative: information on how to apply for main project funding.
How to apply
Before applying, please read the Finance for Darwin & IWT.. You will also need to refer to the document
Once you have read the guidance, please complete the.
If you are invited to Stage 2, please complete the[by invitation only].
A completed[by invitation only] must also be submitted with your Stage 2 application form.
When to apply
There is a two-stage application process for main round Darwin projects. The timetable for Round 24 is set out below:
- call for Stage 1 applications: Thursday 27 July 2017
- deadline for Stage 1 applications: Tuesday 12 September 2017
- expected outcome of Stage 1 and notification of applicants invited to Stage 2: Early December 2017
- deadline for Stage 2 applications (by invitation only): Monday 29 January 2018
- expected notification of successful projects: May 2018
- expected start date for successful projects: From 1 July 2018
Who can apply
Please refer to the Guidance for the list of countries eligible for the scheme. Organisations making the application must:
- have experience of managing similar projects in developing countries
- be able to demonstrate financial stability and provide audited accounts
The proposed project leader must have suitable qualifications or a minimum of around 10 years’ experience working on similar projects in developing countries.
Level of funding
There is no specific minimum or maximum level for a main round project. The funding pot is however limited. Further information on the size of Darwin Projects can be found in the.
Before completing the application form, you might like to take a look at a case study showing an example of a successful main project.