Find specific advice for woodland owners and managers on the cross-compliance requirements under the Rural Development Programme (RDPE).
Applies to England
For clarification by the Forestry Commission on cross-compliance and how it affects you as a woodland owner or manager, read Cross-compliance requirements for forests/woodland: operations note 38. This gives you information on:
- cross-compliance in the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) programme 2014 to 2020 for woodland (forest)
- the two separate sets of standards - specific requirements relating to European Regulations, known as ‘Statutory Management Requirements’ (SMRs) and standards for ‘Good Agricultural and Environmental Condition’ (GAEC) of land
- when and how you need to comply with cross-compliance rules
- which woodland schemes and payments are affected
- breaches and sanctions
- exemptions and derogations
Read broader guidance for farmers and landowners on how you must follow cross-compliance rules from 1 January 2018 if you claim for the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS), a Countryside Stewardship scheme or the English Woodland Grant Scheme (EWGS).
Find out more about about Countryside Stewardship and woodland support.