The British Embassy in Addis Ababa is pleased to announce a call for proposals for its Bilateral Programme Budget (BPB) for the period 2016-2017.
The British Embassy’s Bilateral Programme Budget is opening a call for proposals for 2016/17.
The Bilateral Programme Budget is one of the channels through which the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) supports projects that strengthen ties with the Ethiopian government and contribute to creating lasting peace, security and democracy in Ethiopia.
Bilateral Programme Budget is designed to support implementation of small and quick impact projects that Promote democratic values, good governance and culture of open debate in Ethiopia.
The deadline for submission of applications is 10 April 2016. Early submission of proposals is highly encouraged.
Project proposals that are best fit to our strategic objective and have a potential to achieve the programme’s desired outcomes will be shortlisted and submitted to the Programme board for approval.
Only organisations whose proposals have been shortlisted will be contacted.
1. Project Period
This is a one year project proposal call. The financial year of the BPB is 01 April 2016 - 31 March 2017. All projects must be completed within this financial year. Funding of projects in the next financial year is not guaranteed.
The budget to be allocated to one project can fall under the following ranges.
• £10,000 - £15,000
• £15,000 – £20,00
3. Capital Goods and Administrative Costs
The Bilateral Programme Budget fund does not authorise the purchase of capital goods. Minimal percentage of administrative costs may be allowed on case by case basis.
Pre-payment is not permissible under the UK government procurement guidelines.
Who Can Apply?
• Government Institutions
• Legally Constituted Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)
• Civil Society Organisations
• Community-based Organisations
• Universities and Research Centers
How to Submit Bids and Selection Criteria
The concept bid submitted should establish a clear and identifiable link between the activities planned and the BPB strategic objective of Promoting democratic values, good governance and culture of open debate in Ethiopia.
Proposals should be submitted on the Project form and sent to AddisAbaba.Projects@fco.gov.uk for the attention of the BPB Officer by Sunday 10 April 2016.
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria
• Potential implementers will need to comply with FCO(British Embassy) reporting requirements
• Must demonstrate sound management of risk and finances
• Project must strongly align with the BPB strategic objective indicated above
• Demonstrate the evidence of local need/demand
• Projects must present Value for Money
• Project viability, including capacity of implementing organisation(s)
• Project design, including clear, achievable outcomes
• Sustainability of the project
Successful Non-governmental organisations will be asked to submit their valid registration certificate by the Ethiopian Charities and Societies Agency at this stage.
Implementation of project will commence if/once both parties sign the FCO Grant /Commercial contract.
Project Concept Form
Published: 31 March 2016