Authority proforma tool (APT): information for local authorities
Information for local authorities about how to use the authority proforma tool.
The authority proforma tool (APT) has been developed by Education Funding Agency (EFA) to enable local authorities to specify their schools funding formulae in accordance with arrangements set out by the Secretary of State for Education.
It is also designed to support local authorities in modelling different options for their funding formulae, and to capture all the data required by EFA to calculate academy budgets and recoupment deductions to dedicated schools grant allocations.
Accessing the APT
EFA has sent emails to each local authority providing details of how to access their APT. Any authority which has not received this information should contact the EFA Funding Reform Team via the email address given at the end of the user instructions document.
APT 2016 to 2017
The APT 2016 to 2017 was issued to local authorities in December 2015. It is pre populated with the schools block dataset for 2016 to 2017. The APT user guide provides detailed guidance for local authorities on how to use and submit their APT.
PDF, 985KB, 65 pages
Schools block dataset 2016 to 2017: technical specification
The schools block dataset 2016 to 2017: technical specification gives detailed information about the schools block dataset contained within the APT.
PDF, 452KB, 22 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (eg a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Watch completing the authority proforma tool for some hints and tips.
Published: 17 July 2014
Updated: 17 December 2015
- Two links have been updated in the Schools Block Dataset technical specification 2016 to 2017 to point to the most recent information
- APT User guide updated. Technical guide for 2016 to 2017 APT published.
- Link to a video on completing the authority pro forma tool added.
- Updated APT 2016 to 2017: instructions for local authorities with new Annex C - details of EFA submission checks.
- 2016 to 2017 APT user guide uploaded.
- Updated user instructions, schools block dataset and technical specifications.
- Updated with revised instructions for local authorities
- First published.
From: Education Funding Agency