The Accelerate programme provides professional development and expert support to help newly qualified and early career teachers become better classroom teachers.
What you can get
Accelerate is a 4 term structured and evidence based programme that includes:
- a launch event
- 4 mandatory modules and 1 optional online module that includes designing effective learning and supporting pupil progress
- 2 face-to-face learning sessions
- expert guidance to improve teaching quality through specialist coaching from subject or phase experts, video coaching, workshops and school visits
- a diagnostic assessment at the beginning of each module, resulting in tailored content, tasks and extension activities
- peer-to-peer support through communities of practice and local networks
- tailored in-school support and training for mentors, leaders and participants
Who can apply
Maintained primary and secondary schools can apply if they:
- have been rated ‘requires improvement’ or ‘inadequate’ by Ofsted
- are in an opportunity or category 5 and 6 area
When it’s available
The programme commences in February 2019 with recruitment ending 31 March 2019.
What it costs
The programme is free.
How to apply
Register your interest for Accelerate.
Find out more
See what other teaching and leadership innovation funded programmes are available in your area.