Working for British Embassy Tel Aviv
Working at the British Embassy offers a unique and rewarding opportunity to grow professionally while collaborating with a talented group of individuals.
Current job opportunities at the British Embassy
Science and Innovation Operations Coordinator
The British Embassy in Tel-Aviv is seeking to recruit a Science and Innovation (SIN) Operations Coordinator A2(L) Grade. The main focus of the role is to support the delivery of the Science and Innovation Programme in Israel. The position is based at the Embassy and co-located at the British Council in Tel Aviv. The initial contract will be for 1 year with a 4 month probation period.
Responsibilities will include
- To provide administrative and logistical support for the Science and Innovation Officer, working closely with the British Council and Embassy teams to make sure we have a joined up science and education programme in Israel.
- To draft letters, reports and memos and provide analysis and briefing materials as requested by the SIN Officer.
- To organise logistical and some content aspects of delegations and events in Israel and the UK.
- To administer the SIN team budgets, manage payments and keep appropriate records.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Proven high level organisational and administrative skills, including working with senior personnel;
- Fluent in speaking and writing in both English and Hebrew.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills;
- Strong IT skills including Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Experience working with accounts and budgets;
- Experience organising events.
- Experience working in or with the Science / Technology sector
- Experience working in or with academia or education sectors
- Delivering Value for Money - Delivering value for money involves the efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services.
- Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes
- Collaborating & Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including the salary of NIS 9,254 per month plus social benefits. Parking facilities will not be provided or paid for by the Embassy.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:00; Friday 08:00 – 13:30
Some flexibility required including occasional evening events.
Applicants must submit the following documents in Word / PDF format (must be in English), to Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write ‘S&I’ and your name in the subject line.
a) A Statement of Suitability (no more than 1 page of A4) setting out why you are the suitable person for this role. Your statement should include clear examples of how you meet the key Selection Criteria.
b) A typed CV of no more than three pages.
c) Completed Application Form which can be found here:.
Application deadline: 15th February 2016. Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
The selection process will include an interview and an in-tray exercise.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances
The British Embassy Tel Aviv is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
Job opportunities at the British Council
Check out job opportunities with our friends at the British Council.
We cannot reply to all unsolicited requests for work.
Only candidates applying for a specific position and invited for an interview will be contacted.