Working for British Embassy Tel Aviv
Working at the British Embassy offers a unique and rewarding opportunity to grow professionally while collaborating with a talented group of individuals.
Current job opportunities at the British Embassy
Protocol and Transport Manager
The British Embassy in Israel is recruiting for a Protocol and Transport Manager.
An excellent opportunity for a motivated self-starter to play a central role in the administrative support services for the British Embassy. The job holder will be the main point of contact for requests to and from Customs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in addition to, direct responsibility for the team of drivers and the Embassy’s fleet of vehicles, transport logistics and related budgets.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Main point of contact at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Protocol work including processing applications such as visas and ID cards for diplomatic staff
- Customs related work such as clearance of diplomatic vehicles and liaison with local FCO contract representatives
- Manage transport logistics including licensing and insurances
- Accounting for all transport related spend
- Management responsibility of the Transport team (5 staff).
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent oral and written English and Hebrew
- Management experience of a team for at least three years
- Experience working with Government offices - Advantage
- Excellent customer care skills
- Flexibility and excellent communication skills - presenting a professional image of self, the Embassy and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Conveying information accurately and concisely
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven organisational and administrative skills - following set procedures and guidelines methodically and accurately without supervision. Sharp eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent IT skills – including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- The initial contract will be for 1 year with a 3 month probationary period.
- Salary will be NIS 9,254 plus social benefits
- Working hours: Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:00, Friday 08:00 – 13:30, with the possibility of some out of hours calls.
- Parking facilities will not be provided or paid for by the Embassy.
Applicants should send a covering letter and CV (both documents in English) to email@example.com. Please write ‘Protocol / Transport Manager’ and your name in the subject line.
Applications must be received by Sunday 26 April 2015.
The selection process will include an in-tray exercise and interview. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Tel Aviv are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Israeli employment law.
Job opportunities at the British Council
Check out job opportunities with our friends at the British Council.
We cannot reply to all unsolicited requests for work.
Only candidates applying for a specific position and invited for an interview will be contacted.