Working for British Embassy Tel Aviv
Working at the British Embassy offers a unique and rewarding opportunity to grow professionally while collaborating with a talented group of individuals.
Current job opportunities at the British Embassy
The UK Israel Tech Hub at the British Embassy Israel is recruiting a BIOMED MANAGER B3 (L)
About the UK Israel Tech Hub
The Hub helps drive economic growth by creating partnerships in which British companies help Israeli innovation go global, and Israeli innovation gives British companies a global competitive edge. The Hub was launched in October 2011 at the British Embassy Israel, following an agreement between Prime Ministers Cameron and Netanyahu to build a UK-Israel partnership in technology. The Hub is a high-profile initiative aimed at developing new methods of commercial diplomacy.
Overview of the role
The Biomed Manager will assume primary responsibility for promoting UK – Israel collaboration in Life Sciences through R&D collaboration, commercial partnerships, and sharing of policy and best practice. The Biomed Manager will be responsible for identifying strategic opportunities and contacts, initiating and organising activities and platforms for collaboration, and facilitating mutually beneficial links between Israeli and British companies. The Biomed Manager will work as part of a team of 10 including counterparts in the UK and Israel to promote commercial outcomes. This is a full time position, reporting to the Director of the UK Israel Tech Hub. This job will be based in Tel Aviv.
- You will be responsible for the Hub’s work in the Biomed sector, delivering on an ambitious strategy and further developing it, identifying new strategic partnerships and pursuing business opportunities between British and Israeli companies in the Biomed field (including Digital Health, Biotech, Pharma, MedTech and other areas)
- You will initiate, plan and execute activities to facilitate business collaboration and to raise awareness of opportunities. These include business delegations, conferences and networking events, attracting the best industry players and opinion leaders. You will work collaboratively with colleagues and external partner organisations on these activities
- You will build and maintain sector expertise and a network of contacts with relevant decision makers, companies, entrepreneurs, experts and investors in Israel and the UK. You should be able to open doors, understand business needs and identify opportunities
- You will facilitate introductions and follow up with companies and individuals to convert leads and opportunities into concrete business outcomes, and will track, monitor and report these in a timely way
- You will represent the Hub and the UK – Israel tech partnership publicly and in writing, and convincingly present the opportunities for collaboration via the Hub.
Required experience and qualifications:
- BA required, MA or higher preferred. Preferably in life sciences/ business or technology fields
- 3+ years working in business development, sales & marketing, consulting, finance, project management or at a start-up – required
- Experience organising events – a strong plus. Management experience – a strong plus
- Acquaintance with the life sciences landscape in Israel – required. Bringing a personal business network from Israel and/or from the UK – a strong plus
- International experience (working or studying), particularly knowledge of the UK – a strong plus
- Adept at using technology
- Strong presentation skills (oral and written)
- Fluent English (spoken, written and reading). Hebrew strongly preferred. Arabic a plus.
Skills and Attributes:
- Can work creatively, strategically and independently yet as part of a team
- Strong business acumen
- Strong organisational skills
- Highly motivated, passionate about innovation and technology
- Open and clear communicator, excellent networking skills including across cultures
- A track record of success and demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Enthusiasm to work as part of a small, agile, ambitious team – a “start-up within government”.
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing & Improving
- Leading & Communicating
- Collaborating & Partnering
- Achieving Commercial Outcomes
- Delivering Value for Money.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
- The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including; salary of NIS 10,954 per month plus social benefits.
- The initial contract will be for one year, with a four-month probationary period.
- Parking facilities are not provided or paid for by the embassy
- Working hours are Monday to Thursday 8:00-16:00 and Friday 8:00-13:30, flexibility will be required including occasional evening events, some travel locally and occasional travel to the UK.
Applicants should submit the following in Word / PDF format (all in English), to Recruitment.email@example.com.
- A Statement of Suitability (no more than 1 page of A4) setting out why you are the suitable person for this role. Your statement should include clear examples of how you meet the key Selection Criteria.
- A typed CV of no more than three pages.
- A fully completed Israel Application Form . Please provide examples of performance in each competency on the summary section of the application form.
External Applicants: Please clearly mark the position title and your name in the subject title of your email. Please send your attachments using either of the following formats .doc, .docx, pdf.
Internal Applicants: Please clearly mark as internal candidate, position title and your name in the subject title of your email. Please send your attachments using either of the following formats: .doc, .docx, pdf.
Application deadline: 9th August 2015
- Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered
- Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances
The British Embassy Tel Aviv is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, colour, gender, disability, religion, belief, marital status, creed or age.
Job opportunities at the British Council
Check out job opportunities with our friends at the British Council.
We cannot reply to all unsolicited requests for work.
Only candidates applying for a specific position and invited for an interview will be contacted.