Working for British Embassy Tel Aviv
Working at the British Embassy offers a unique and rewarding opportunity to grow professionally while collaborating with a talented group of individuals.
Current job opportunities at the British Embassy
Inward Investment Advisor, UK Trade & Investment
The British Embassy is recruiting for a full time Inward Investment Advisor, UK Trade & Investment (UKTI).
Reporting directly to the Deputy Director, UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) at the Embassy, this position will be responsible for:
Promoting Britain to Israeli potential Inward Investors
- Account management of present Israeli clients
- Maintaining contact with stakeholders
- Supporting on Inward and outward bound missions
Israel is a key market and strategic partner for the UK. Annual bilateral trade in goods is almost £4 billion and there are over 300 Israeli companies based in the UK. The advisor will be responsible for developing and supporting new Inward Investment from Israel to the UK and supporting the implementation of the UKTI Israel strategy for Inward Investment through a programme of targeted meetings, conference participation, seminars and missions. The advisor will contribute towards ensuring that all UKTI Inward Investment targets are met.
The successful candidate will need to travel throughout Israel, and occasionally to the UK, in addition to attending occasional evening business functions. The ability to deliver high quality advice to companies quickly in a fast moving and challenging market is an essential requirement. So too is the ability to present in an interesting and persuasive way, dynamism, resilience and a cheerful attitude.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- BA (an advantage not a must)
- Highly developed interpersonal and team working skills
- The ability to input strategy and deliver
- Sound business experience gained in the private sector at least 5 years
- Expert knowledge of the Israeli market place
- Financial and ICT sector experience
- Creativity, flexibility and ability to work well under pressure
- High-level organisational and administration skills
- Bi-lingual in English and Hebrew
- Excellent IT skills.
- The initial contract will be for one year with a six month probationary period
- The salary will be NIS 10,954 (plus benefits)
- Working hours: Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:00, Friday 08:00 – 13:30 with a requirement to respond flexibly to out of hours work
- Parking facilities will not be provided or paid for by the Embassy.
Applicants should send a letter of application and CV (both documents in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org as the first stage of the selection process. Please write “Inward Investment Advisor” and your name in the subject line.
Applications must be received by 18.00 on Tuesday, 7 April 2015. Successful first stage applicants will be informed of the remainder of the selection process, including interview dates. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Tel Aviv are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Israeli employment law.
Job opportunities at the British Council
Check out job opportunities with our friends at the British Council.
We cannot reply to all unsolicited requests for work.
Only candidates applying for a specific position and invited for an interview will be contacted.