Uruguay vs Northern Ireland football friendly travel advice
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Travel advice for Northern Ireland fans travelling to Montevideo for the Uruguay vs Northern Ireland friendly match on Friday 30th May 2014.
Advice for fans travelling to Uruguay for Northern Ireland’s match with Uruguay on Friday 30th May 2014.
Date: Friday 30th May 2014
Venue: ESTADIO CENTENARIO (Address: Av Dr. Americo Ricaldoni, Montevideo 11400, Uruguay Tel:+598 2487 2059)
Kick off: 20.30pm (LOCAL TIME)
As well as this advice, check out our travel advice for URUGUAY
Passports and visas
- Usually you don’t need a visa to travel to Uruguay, but your passport should be valid for the duration of your stay
- You may need to carry your passport to the match to gain entry to the stadium or when buying tickets for the match
Getting to the stadium
- For bus routes to the Centenario Stadium please see: Montevideobus
- You can also get taxis to and from the stadium by dialling 141, 1919 or through Easytaxi
- As in any other city beware of pickpockets and bag snatchers around the town centre and when using public transport - only carry what you need and leave spare cash and valuables in hotel safety deposits
Contact the British Embassy in Montevideo
British Embassy Montevideo
Marco Bruto 1073, Montevideo 11300, Uruguay
Telephone +598 26223630 (also for out of hours emergencies)
Office hours: Monday to Thursday : 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.30pm. Fridays the Embassy closes at 2.00pm.
For more information please visit British Embassy Montevideo
Emergency services numbers
|Department of Health Ambulance (MSP)||105|
Private ambulance companies: