Tanzania offers oil and gas export opportunities for UK companies
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
UKTI Tanzania’s revised report provides an overview of Tanzania’s oil and gas sector including supply chain opportunities from the proposed LNG project.
UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) Tanzania has updated their 2014 report which examines the opportunities in the Tanzanian market. The report called ‘High Value Opportunity – Tanzania Oil and Gas’ offers a greater understanding and in-depth knowledge of:
- current and upcoming oil and gas projects
- supply chain opportunities and schedules for the proposed Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) project
Tanzania is a growing oil and gas market with on-going discoveries, including 19 exploration blocks. USD 10 to 20 billion investment is projected for exploration and production in the coming decade.
Exploration activities in Tanzania’s deep offshore waters have led to the discovery of 50.5 trillion cubic feet (tcf) of natural gas over the past 2 years. More discoveries are likely to come as drilling campaigns continue to unfold. It is estimated that the recoverable reserves will double to 100 tcf by the year 2015.
Tanzania forms part of UKTI’s East Africa High Value Opportunity (HVO.)
Contents of report
- oil and gas overview of Tanzania
- opportunities in Tanzania’s LNG project
- doing business in Tanzania
Contact Marie Strain at UKTI Tanzania to obtain a copy of the report.
Find out more about export help for the UK oil and gas sector.
Published: 13 October 2014
Updated: 1 June 2015
- Revised version of publication now available.
- New version of report due in April 2015.
- Publication contact changed.
- First published.