New job opportunity at the British Embassy Asunción
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The British Embassy Asuncion requires a Receptionist to join our team.
Are you an effective multi-tasker, able to pick up new tasks quickly and deliver results with a high level of customer service? If so, the British Embassy is looking to employ a Receptionist to join our team and support the work of the Embassy.
Applicants should have a minimum 1 year experience in a similar role. You should be a strong team player. You must be fluent in both written and spoken English and Spanish and have good IT skills. Your language and IT skills will be tested prior to interview if your application is shortlisted.
Applications should be submitted in English language to the British Embassy at BE-Asuncion.Recruitment@fco.gov.uk by close of business on 30th May 2014. For the full job description and further details of how to apply, please visit www.gov.uk/government/world/paraguay The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The British Embassy in Asuncion is part of a world-wide network of more than 230 Posts, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Our Embassy in Asuncion is newly opened.
The Receptionist will report directly to the Corporate Services Team. . #### Main Duties and Responsibilities * Act as point of contact for all communications, logistical and administrative matters. * Effective management of Embassy’s correspondence, enquiries received via calls, e-mails etc. * Filing, correspondence and other general administrative tasks; * Provide cover for the Corporate Services Team, Political area and all Embassy staff when needed, ensuring key tasks are completed on time and in accordance with Embassy guidance;
- Support the transition during the opening of our new Embassy and Ambassador’s Residence;
- Carry out other duties that may reasonably be required and which are in accordance with the grading and core competences of the job.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus;
- Ability to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels;
- Personal drive and the ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player;
- Strong organisational, analytical and time management skills, with very good attention to detail;
- Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard within tight deadlines;
- Willingness to work additional hours as necessary.
- at least one year experience in an administration role;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a keen attention to detail is required
- good Spanish and English, orally and in writing, is required
- strong IT computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Internet and MS Project; experience with databases preferred
- previous experience of managing others is preferred
- you must have pre-existing work authorisation for Paraguay in order to apply
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, a leave entitlement and training package. Specific training and mentoring for the role will be provided for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background and security clearance.
36 1/2 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:30 with a one hour lunch break. Friday 08:30 -13:00 with no lunch break.
Please send a completed application form in English with a copy of your CV/resume (maximum of 2 pages) quoting reference ‘Receptionist’ by 30th May 2014 to the following email address: BE-Asuncion.Recruitment@fco.gov.uk or mail it to Embajada Británica, Edificio Citicenter Piso 5, Av. Mariscal López y Cruz del Chaco, Asunción.
Applications should be typed and in English. Please complete all sections of the application form. Please read the competence framework for the relevant grade (LEIV) and use it to identify your suitability for the role.
Candidates who are successful in the initial sift of applications will be contacted and may be invited to attend a short series of assessments to test their suitability for the role.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.