Manila: Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy
The British Embassy Manila is inviting organisations to consider submitting project bids to the 2016-17 Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy
The Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy (MCFHRD) is the FCO’s dedicated strategic programme fund supporting our global human rights and democracy work. Through targeted projects, it aims to further British interests overseas by tackling the root causes of human rights violations, strengthening institutions and governance, supporting the promotion and protection of human rights, democracy and the rule of law. For 2016, Ministers have agreed a new approach to the FCO’s human rights and democracy work. The FCO has therefore reconfigured its human rights work around three interconnected themes that provide the basis of our funding strategy:
- Democratic values and the rule of law - uphold universal rights, democracy and the rule of law as key building blocks for more secure and prosperous societies
- The rules-based international order - support an effective rules-based international order that stands up for universal rights
- Human rights for a stable world - promote a more stable world by upholding universal rights in tackling conflict and extremism
For more detail, please see the 2016-17 MCFHRD Strategy. The British Embassy Manila will accept bids on these three interconnected themes; however, given our ongoing support to end conflict in Muslim Mindanao and implement the 2014 Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro, we will prioritise proposals focusing on the following indicators:
- 1b) Strengthen Democratic Governance and the Rule of Law
- 3a) Promote Tolerance and Counter Violent Extremism
For full proposal documents and selection criteria, see complete guidance.
We encourage you to submit your bids to Clarisse.Fogg@fco.gov.uk to discuss your idea in order to ensure that it fits with the Philippines’ Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy Fund Strategy and meets our requirements. Therefore, in order to give us ample time to work with you on your concept, please get in touch with Clarisse right away to discuss your concept before you submit a project concept note ahead of the 5 February 2016 deadline.