Internship at the British Embassy in Lima: Communications
The British Embassy in Lima is looking for motivated and ambitious individuals to undertake an Internship starting in September.
Are you interested in doing an internship in an exciting, dynamic and international environment? Would you like to have the opportunity to start your professional career with a diverse team and, at the same time, make a real contribution to the British Embassy in Peru?
The British Embassy is in the search for interns who are dynamic, resourceful, task oriented, with a collaborative approach.
• …capable of high performance?
• …skilled at writing, reading and speaking English?
• …able to deliver results without the need for inspection?
• …willing to learn and grow in a customer related environment?
• …in the last semesters of your degree or a recent graduate with qualification in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations and the like?
Description of the team/outline of area of work:
The Communications Section provides exposure and promotes this post’s work and the UK Government’s priorities through different channels, handling internal communications work as well.
Role description including core tasks
Does social media work. Provides support in media monitoring. Takes photos and produces video coverage of events. Writes pieces for our web site; does Spanish/English translations. Updates databases and does research on current events. Provides support to events setting up.
Why should a candidate be interested in this internship / development opportunities offered?
• The internship provides an engaging environment where new communications professionals apply their academic knowledge and technical skills in real life situations.
• Intern’s work has real impact and visibility not limited to Peru but to the worldwide audience interested in UK-related topics.
• Interns will receive training according to their role and will be free to implement fresh, innovative ideas.
• High level of personal organisation
• Valid Peruvian carnet or DNI
• Organised, strong focus, ability to meet deadlines.
• Has always a problem-solving attitude.
• Corporate / organizational / development communications or public relations background preferable.
• Video editing skills: Adobe Premiere, FinalCut Pro.
• Photo skills, Photoshop.
• Social media skills: Facebook, Twitter, HootSuite.
• Creative thinking.
• Team work.
• Good interpersonal & communication skills.
• English oral and written proficiency is essential and the applicant must have good IT skills (Word, PowerPoint, some Excel).
• Start date: September 2015, exact date to be confirmed
• Term: 7 months
• Training Days: Monday to Friday, part time (subject to work requirements).
• Salary : S/.750.00 soles per month
How to Apply
If you fulfill the requirements and relevant criteria for this position, please send your résume (CV) with a short covering letter both in English explaining why you think you would be an excellent candidate for this job, to the following email address: Recruitment4.AmericasRegionalHub@fco.gov.uk
Applications should be sent in an electronic format with all attachments included not exceeding 1MB.
A receipt will be automatically generated upon successful receipt of your application. Your application should be sent with the position you are applying in the subject.
Closing date for applications is 12:00 PM (local time, Lima, Peru) Monday 17 August. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Only those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted and called for interview.
Applications that do not fully comply with the instructions above will not be taken into consideration.