From 31 July, if your application is successful, you will receive a temporary 30 day travel visa in your passport.
The UK is introducing a requirement for visa applicants wishing to stay in the UK for more than six months, to get a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) on arrival. This means that from 31 July, if your application is successful, you will receive a temporary 30 day travel visa in your passport.
- You must travel within this 30 day period – otherwise your temporary visa will run out.
- If your temporary visa does run out before you travel you will need to apply for a replacement temporary visa. You do not need to start a whole new application.
- Once you arrive in the UK, you must collect your residence permit from the post office you chose when you applied for your visa – this must be collected within 10 days of arrival.
- The residence permit you receive will replace the temporary visa, and you can use it to prove your identity and right to be in the UK.
- The letter you receive with your visa decision will explain what to do next.
You can ask VAC staff for more details, or you can read the full guidance at the this website. You can also contact UKVI by email for a free reply, usually within 24 hours, or you can call to speak to someone in your own language for a fee.