Between 3-4 November 2012 Bucharest organised the 1st education fair dedicated exclusively to British universities.
- Canterbury Christ Church University
- The Open University Business School-CODECS
- University of Derby
- University of Glamorgan
- University of Kent
- London Metropolitan University
- London South Bank University
- University of Sheffield-CITY College
- Southampton SOLENT University
- University of Sunderland
- The Training Partnership Ltd.
- University of Worchester
During the two days of the fair, visitors had the chance to find out more about what it means to be a student in the UK and how they can become one.
Why the UK
The quality of the British education remains undisputed. The 2012 QS World University Rankings lists 4 British universities among top ten best universities in the world. 30 UK universities were ranked in the top 200 overall. Only the United States, with 54, had more.
Is it no surprise that UK is a destination of choice for international students. British higher education institutions together educate some 2.5 million students annually, including over 400,000 from outside the UK, making the higher education sector one of the most important export earners for the UK economy. The last 10 years has seen significant expansion, with a 28 per cent increase in student numbers from all countries.
Market data reports that about 5,000 Romanian students study in the UK. Some of these students have talked to us about their experience of British life. Find out more about what they think!
Did you know that…
- the UK is a world leader in providing educational resources from pre-school to university and beyond, UK education providers are working across the globe meeting the accelerating demand in this dynamic sector
- education and skills is a key component in every business sector (such as energy, finance, healthcare, retail) and the UK is a global leader in developing links and partnerships between education and industry
- the export of educational and skills-related equipment, books, software, materials and content is worth £1.5 billion a year and demand is increasing as new technology plays a greater role
- the high quality and proven effectiveness of UK teaching equipment, software and material are recognised in international markets
- the UK is a leading innovator in distance and e-learning material and programmes
- the UK’s professional qualifications are recognised internationally and are in huge demand by those seeking to improve their career prospects
- the UK, as the home of the English language, delivers effective English-language learning systems to students both in the UK and through UK institutions internationally; the UK also leads in the teaching of Business English
- the UK’s universities and private sector training providers offer innovative and effective courses in a wide range of corporate and management training
- the UK is a world leader in the provision of training and equipment in the field of Special Educational Needs
- the UK is a pioneer in developing sustainable solutions in education, from the design and build of new, environmentally-friendly schools to “green” learning and teaching resources