Chevening/Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowship for the 2016/17 academic year.
In addition to the one year masters scheme “Chevening Scholarship” which is open now, the Embassy is also pleased to announce the availability of the Chevening/Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowship for the 2016/17 academic year.
This fellowship is open to the following countries:
- Sri Lanka
- 6 month period of independent study and research at the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, based on the culture and civilisation of Islam and of all aspects of contemporary Muslim societies in the global context.
- Aimed at mid-career professionals who are dedicated to the promotion of academic activities which encourage a more informed understanding of the culture and civilisation of Islam and contemporary Muslim societies.
- Further information can be found here
What is covered?
- Living expenses
- One off allowance package
- Return economy airfare
How many awards are available?
- 3 awards.
- Minimum of 5yrs work experience.
- Applicants must hold a post graduate degree or have equivalent professional training and /or experience.
- Applicants need to apply using the online system only.
- Applicants can only make one application. They cannot apply for both OCIS fellowship and a Master’s scholarship.
- All applications must be submitted by midday GMT on 3 November 2015.