Changes to UK Visa Application process in Germany
This news article was withdrawn on
This is no longer current government activity.
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
From the beginning of April 2014 UK Visa & Immigration’s new commercial partner Teleperformance Ltd to run Visa Application Centres.
From early April 2014 UK Visa & Immigration’s (UKVI) new commercial partner Teleperformance Ltd will take over the running of their Visa Application Centres in Dusseldorf, Berlin and Munich. The Visa Application Centres will move to:
Dusseldorf (from 2 April 2014)
Berlin (from 1 April 2014))
Regus Berlin KuDamm
Munich (from 31 March 2014)
Regus Munich Theresienhoehe
In addition, UKVI are making the following changes to the visa service that they offer. These changes are as follows:
Change of opening hours:
- Dusseldorf: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm
- Berlin: Monday to Wednesday 9am – 1pm
- Munich: Monday to Wednesday 9am – 1pm
User Pays charges
There will be a charge of £59 (payable in Euros) to use the Visa Application Centres in Berlin and Munich. This will be in addition to the visa fee and will be charged in Euros using the consular rate of exchange at the point of booking the appointment. It will cover the cost of providing the application submission facilities. The Centre in Dusseldorf will remain free of charge.
The following additional services will be available. All other services currently offered will cease. All charges will be payable in Euros using our consular rate of exchange:
- Priority Visa Service – £100 – allows you to have your visa application placed at the front of the queue by UK Visas & Immigration normally enabling a decision within 3-5 working days
- Return courier – allows you to receive your decision by courier to your chosen address rather than returning to the Visa Application Centre to collect it (fee to be confirmed)
- Premium lounge – a more private environment with a dedicated agent receiving your documentation (fee to be confirmed)
- Passport pass back – £40 – allowing you to take your passport away with you and submit to us at a later date
Berlin and Munich:
- Priority Visa Service – £100 – allows you to have your visa application placed at the front of the queue by UK Visas & Immigration, normally enabling a decision within 3-5 working days
- Return courier – included in the user pay fee
Visit the UKVI website for more information on UK visas and to begin the visa application process.
For questions about the visa application process, please contact the international enquiry service by telephone, email or web chat:
- 0049 30 3080 6410. If you would prefer to dial a UK number please call: 0044 1243 213 289. This is a paid service and there is a cost of £1.37 UK Sterling per minute in addition to your standard network charges. Please have a valid credit or debit card ready (Mastercard Credit and Debit cards, Visa Credit and Debit cards and Maestro) to process your payment. You will not be charged until you are connected to an advisor.
- Email: To access the form to send an email, select ‚Germany‘ and the link to the ‘Email form’ from UKVI This service is free of charge.
- Web Chat: Web Chat with a live agent is a paid service, and there is a one-off charge of £4.00 UK Sterling for each chat session. You will be provided with a transcript of your chat at the end of the session.