Call for bids - Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy in Lebanon
The bidding round for the 2016-17 Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy is now open in Lebanon.
Call for bids - Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy
The British embassy in Lebanon is pleased to announce a call for bids to the Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy.
At this stage we are requesting concept proposals only of no more than three pages in length, with a local deadline of 12 February. Please use the project concept form, under key documents.
Kindly send your concept notes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Rights Themes
For 2016, the FCO has reconfigured its human rights work around three interconnected themes that provide the basis of our funding strategy:
Democratic values and the rule of law - uphold universal rights, democracy and the rule of law as key building blocks for more secure and prosperous societies
The rules-based international order - support an effective rules-based international order that stands up for universal rights
Human rights for a stable world - promote a more stable world by upholding universal rights in tackling conflict and extremism
We particularly welcome bids related to preventing torture and arbitrary detention; non-discrimination; women’s rights; refugees; and elections. Projects that aim to achieve systemic change, strengthen institutions and improve governance based on human rights and the rule of law, are strongly encouraged.
- Up to £400,000. There are different forms for projects below £10k, between £10k and 80k, and over £80k
- Projects can last up to two years.
- 12 February – deadline to submit concept proposals
- 17 February – implementers informed whether they have made the shortlist
- 4 March – deadline to for shortlisted implementers to submit full proposal documents
- 6 May – implementers informed whether they have been successful May 2016 – March 2017 Implementation of projects
Full guidanceMagna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy.