News article

Bushfires in Australia

This world location news article was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government

Information, contact details and assistance for British Nationals

Several large bushfires are burning around New South Wales. Further severe weather conditions are forecast. A state of emergency has been declared, with communities on alert to evacuate at short notice.

Contact details:

For further information please visit the Rural Fire Service website or call the information line on 1800 679 737

Those concerned about the welfare of a family member or friend should contact the Police Information Centre on 1800 227 228

British Nationals

Any British Nationals in NSW seeking assistance can call the Sydney Consulate-General on 9247 7521 and follow the prompts to Consular Emergency.

Emergency Travel Document

If you are in Australia and your British passport has been lost, stolen, damaged or has expired, and you need to travel urgently, please get in touch with your nearest British Consulate, who may be able to issue an Emergency Travel Document (ETD).

To replace a lost, stolen or damaged passport please visit GOV.UK

Lost driving licence

If your British driving licence has been lost or damaged, please see GOV.UK

If your NSW driver’s licence has been lost or damaged, please see the Roads & Maritime Services website

Lost birth/marriage/death certificate

If you need a replacement birth, marriage or death certificate, please see GOV.UK