The GREAT British Shopping Map of Downtown Toronto Contest
Win return flights for two to London using a hi-tech shopping map to track down your favourite UK retailers in Toronto.
Working with Blippar and British Airways, UK Trade & Investment Canada has created a shopping competition in Toronto using augmented reality technology. The competition map showcases where consumers can buy the latest UK fashions in Canada’s largest city.
The competition gives the public a chance to win two British Airways World Traveler Plus Premium Economy return tickets to London, England by submitting an entry at each of the participating retailers.
How to enter:
- Download a PDF of the map here Shopping Map of Downtown Toronto Contest (PDF, 980KB, 2 pages) or pick one up at UK House (444 Yonge St) or one of the participating retailers.
- Ensure you have Blippar and Twitter apps on your smartphone;
- Visit the participating British stores marked with red contest entry pins on the contest map to collect the British icons below;
- Once in store, locate the Shopping is GREAT sign showing the store logo and one of the British icons indicated on the map;
- Use the Blippar app to scan the sign. You will be prompted to take a selfie and tweet it using #TOshopsUK to complete your entry in the contest.
The winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received and notified via Twitter on November 9th 2015. Please note, only store locations identified as contest entry points on this map are participating and this contest does not extend to other store locations. The more stores you visit, the more chances to win!
PDF, 980KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Terms and Conditions for “BRITISH SHOPPING MAP OF DOWNTOWN TORONTO” Prize Competition
Promoter: UK TRADE & INVESTMENT CANADA
Entry: The competition is open to Canadian residents except residents of the province of Quebec, employees of UK Trade & Investment Canada, British Airways, Blippar and their affiliated companies, their families or agencies or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
Internet access, smartphone and Twitter account required. To enter, download the Blippar app and use it to scan the Shopping is GREAT decal in one of the participating stores listed as contest entry points on the British Shopping Map Downtown Toronto (Ben Sherman, Clark’s Edit Pop Up, Cutler & Gross, Dr. Marten’s, REISS, Simon Carter London, Ted Baker London, Topman Queen Street, Topshop Queen Street and the 12 Days of GREAT UK House) Follow the app prompts to take an in-store image or ‘selfie’, which you can then share on Twitter in order to obtain one (1) entry in the competition. Only tweets with images produced through the Blippar app including the store’s handle and hashtag #TOshopsUK will count towards a competition entry. Entries violating the Twitter Rules will not be accepted.
There is no cost to enter this competition and no purchase is necessary. By entering the competition you agree to these terms and conditions.
Only one entry per store. Multiple entries can be secured by visiting and entering at more than one participating store, up to a maximum of ten.
- Closing date for entry is 11:59:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, 8 November 2015. Any entries received after the closing date will not be accepted. Promoter does not accept any responsibility for entries which are not received or delays in receiving entries. 7 Prize Draw: The winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received on Twitter. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the Prize awarded.
- The winner will be notified on Twitter from @UKTI_Canada on Monday 9 November 2015. If the winner fails to respond within 72 hours of being notified, they will become ineligible and UKTI reserves the right to draw another winner.
- Prize: See prize details below*. Expenses other than those specifically included in the prize must be paid for by the winner. For clarification and the removal of doubt the prize does not include transportation for the prize winner to or from any airport, nor does it include any accommodation or other expenses associated with the trip.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is available. Prize is subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion in the event of exceptional circumstances outside its control which affect its ability to operate the promotion.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure they (and their guest) are free and eligible to travel by the available date set out in the prize details below and that they carry valid passports, visas, travel and medical insurance.
- By receipt of the prize the winners agrees that the officers, director and employees of UK Trade & Investment, Blippar, British Airways, Ben Sherman, Clarks, Cutler & Gross, Dr Martens, REISS, Simon Carter, Topshop, Topman and Ted Baker and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and prize suppliers (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the “Released Parties”) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting from participation in this promotion or any promotion-related or travel-related activity, or from the winner’s’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the prize.
Publicity: Winners may be required to take part in publicity associated with this promotion.
Data Protection: In administrating this promotion the Promoter will not collect more of your personal information than necessary and will only use your personal information for the purposes of this promotion.
- The rules of this competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
There is one prize package to be won.
The prize package contains:
- Two round trip flight tickets, valid in World Traveller Plus class, from Toronto to London on British Airways.
- Travel is valid for 01 January- 31 December 2016. Date extensions are not allowed for any reason.
- Travel on British Airways code share and alliance partner airlines and franchises are not permitted.
- The tickets are NOT transferable, have no cash value and are not for re-sale. British Airways will do their very best to accommodate the travel dates selected, however, all seats are subject to availability and commercial demand – there may be peak times during the year when travel is not available.
- Changes are not permitted after tickets have been issued.
- Miles may not be accrued with this ticket.
- Tickets are valid for 2 months from outbound travel date.
- Seat numbers will be allocated at check-in or at the time of On-line Check-in using ba.com.
- Due to commercial demand and operations on the day of travel, it may be necessary to offload you from the flight or downgrade you to a lower cabin.
- If your journey has not commenced we will endeavour to book you on to the next available flight to your destination.
- If your journey has commenced and you are not accepted for your return flight, overnight accommodation and meal expenses will be provided for you by the Ground Staff at the departure airport. As travel is on a non-commercial ticket, you are not eligible to receive Denied Boarding Compensation.
- On these rare occasions we would appreciate your full co-operation.
- British Airways is not responsible for any income, property or similar taxes on this ticket.
- British Airways is required by law to report any income to the IRS with respect to issuance of any ticket type in excess of US$600.00 in value. Please consult your personal tax adviser on whether you must include the value of this ticket on your income tax return.
- The fair market value per ticket based on the journey, date and cabin is estimated at US$5000.00.
- All expenses not expressly stated in the package description, including but not limited to, meals, ground transportation, passport and visa fees, security fees, taxes, insurance or otherwise are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. The Promoter will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates