These experimental statistics cover the total live caseload, starts and claims for Universal Credit.
These monthly experimental statistics include the total number of people:
- who have made a claim for Universal Credit up to 8 December 2016
- who have made a claim and have attended an initial interview, accepted their claimant commitment, and gone on to start Universal Credit up to 8 December 2016
- who are on the Universal Credit caseload at 8 December 2016
The statistics are also broken down by:
- Jobcentre Plus office and district
- local authority
- parliamentary constituency
- age band
- claim duration
- employment status
- conditionality regime
View statistics on the Universal Credit caseload and starters at Jobcentre Plus office level in an interactive map.
Find further breakdowns of these statistics in Stat-Xplore, our online tool for exploring some of DWP’s main statistics.