Statistics on Universal Credit claims from 29 April 2013 to 6 October 2016
Revision to Experimental DWP Universal Credit Official Statistics for claims
There is a revision to the number of Universal Credit claims between 8 April and 1 September 2016 in this 19 October 2016 publication, because of a methodological issue we’d identified.
Other measures are not affected.
Read the statistical notice for more information.
These monthly experimental statistics include the total number of people:
- who have made a claim for Universal Credit up to 6 October 2016
- who have made a claim and have attended an initial interview, accepted their claimant commitment, and gone on to start Universal Credit up to 8 September 2016
- who are on the Universal Credit caseload at 8 September 2016
The statistics are also broken down by:
- Jobcentre Plus office and district
- local authority
- parliamentary constituency
- age band
- claim duration
- employment status
- conditionality regime
View statistics on the Universal Credit caseload and starters at Jobcentre Plus office level in an interactive map.
Find further breakdowns of these statistics in Stat-Xplore, our online tool for exploring some of DWP’s main statistics.