- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Taxi statistics and Taxis, private hire vehicles and their drivers (TAXI01)
- 7 September 2017
Licensed taxis, private hire vehicles, drivers and operators statistics in England as at 31 March 2017.
PDF, 1.67MB, 16 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Statistics on taxis and private hire vehicles for 2017.
At the end of March 2017:
- the total number of licensed taxi and private hire vehicles in England increased by 16% to 281,000
- 73% of all licensed vehicles in England were private hire vehicles
- 39% of the total number of licensed taxis and private hire vehicles in England were in London
- 58% of licensed taxis in England were wheelchair accessible
- there were 356,300 taxi or private hire vehicle driver licences in England
Public enquiries 020 7944 3094
Published: 7 September 2017