News, economics and statistics relating to the UK’s farming and food industries.
This monthly paper produced by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) brings together the latest key information relating to agriculture and the wider economy. In particular it highlights the results of recently published economic and statistical evidence and research.
Topics this month include:
- increases in milk prices and production
- changes to crop areas in 2013
- harvest nearing completion
- new food statistics pocketbook published
- increase in pig population at June 2013