Estimates of road traffic by:
- vehicle type
- road type
- geographical region
- time of the day
- day of the week
in Great Britain for the year 2017.
Motor vehicle traffic on Great Britain roads increased by 1.3% between 2016 and 2017 to 327.1 billion vehicle miles (bvm).
When compared with the year 2016:
- car traffic increased by 1.1% to reach a new all-time high
- van traffic grew by 2.7%, more quickly than any other vehicle
- lorry traffic increased by 1.2%
- the Strategic Road Network increased by 2.1%
- motorways carried 68.7 billion vehicle miles of traffic, an increase of 1.4%
- ‘A’ roads saw a 1.1% rise in traffic
- minor road traffic increased by 1.4%