Estimates of road traffic in Great Britain broken down by vehicle type, road type, region and time of the day, week and year for 2015.
Estimates of road traffic by:
- vehicle type
- road type
- geographical region
- time of the day, day of the week, and month
in Great Britain for the year 2015.
Compared to the previous year:
- all motor vehicle traffic grew by 1.6%
- car traffic increased by 1.1% to reach a new all-time high
- van traffic grew by 4.2%, more quickly than any other vehicle
- lorry traffic saw the fastest growth since the 1980s, rising by 3.7%
- traffic on motorways and rural roads grew to reach new all-time highs
- urban roads saw little change in traffic
Road traffic and free flow speeds statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 3095