- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Road traffic statistics, Road network and traffic, Pedal cycle traffic (TRA04), Heavy goods vehicle traffic (TRA31), Strategic road network traffic (TRA41) Traffic based on a static road management status (TRA42), Traffic by local authority (TRA89), Average annual daily flow and temporal traffic distributions (TRA03), Traffic volume - miles (TRA01), and Traffic volume - kilometres (TRA02)
- 19 May 2016
Estimates of road traffic in Great Britain broken down by vehicle type, road type, region and time of the day, week and year for 2015.
PDF, 4.76MB, 34 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
PDF, 306KB, 1 page
Estimates of road traffic by:
- vehicle type
- road type
- geographical region
- time of the day, day of the week, and month
in Great Britain for the year 2015.
Compared to the previous year:
- all motor vehicle traffic grew by 1.6%
- car traffic increased by 1.1% to reach a new all-time high
- van traffic grew by 4.2%, more quickly than any other vehicle
- lorry traffic saw the fastest growth since the 1980s, rising by 3.7%
- traffic on motorways and rural roads grew to reach new all-time highs
- urban roads saw little change in traffic
Road traffic and vehicle speed statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 3095
Published: 19 May 2016
From: Department for Transport
Part of: Road traffic statistics Road network and traffic Pedal cycle traffic (TRA04) Heavy goods vehicle traffic (TRA31) Strategic road network traffic (TRA41) Traffic based on a static road management status (TRA42) Traffic by local authority (TRA89) Average annual daily flow and temporal traffic distributions (TRA03) Traffic volume - miles (TRA01) Traffic volume - kilometres (TRA02)