This statistical release presents data on road traffic statistics in Great Britain up to Q4 (October to December) 2012.
This release presents provisional estimates for road traffic in Great Britain for the fourth quarter (October to December) of 2012, and provisional annual traffic estimates for 2012.
- The key provisional annual result is: The volume of all motor vehicle traffic fell slightly by 0.4% to 302.6 billion vehicle miles in 2012 compared to 2011.
- Comparing Q4 (October to December) 2012 with the same quarter the previous year:
- Between quarter four of 2011 and quarter four of 2012 motor vehicle traffic increased slightly, by 0.4%, to 76.7 billion vehicle miles.
- Light goods vehicle traffic continued to increase with growth of 3.2% between quarters four of 2011 and 2012.
- Traffic volumes increased on rural roads, decreased on urban roads and were broadly stable on motorways when compared to the same period in 2011.
Technical information/Pre-release access list
- Information on traffic statistics, including the pre-release access list and related technical documentation can be found here
- Phone: 020 7944 3095