Car traffic, heavy and light goods vehicle road traffic estimates numbers in Great Britain.
This release presents provisional estimates for road traffic in Great Britain for the first quarter (April to June) of 2013.
Comparing Q2 (April to June) 2013 with the same quarter the previous year:
- all motor vehicle traffic increased, by 2.9%, to 76.8 billion vehicle miles.
- all vehicle types have shown an increase, including:
- car traffic increased by 2.3% to 60.8 billion vehicle miles.
- light goods vehicle traffic increased by 6.1% to a peak of 10.7 billion vehicle miles.
- heavy goods vehicle traffic increased by 1.7%, to 3.9 billion vehicle miles.
- traffic volumes increased on all road types, with larger increases on motorways (4.9%) and minor roads (3.6%) than ‘A’ roads (1.4%).
Pre-release access list and related technical documentation is available in the technical guidance.
Telephone: 020 7944 3095