April to June 2013 statistics about car, heavy and light goods vehicle road traffic estimates numbers in Great Britain.
Provisional estimates for road traffic in Great Britain between April to June 2013.
Comparing April to June 2013 with the same quarter the previous year we find that:
- all motor vehicle traffic increased by 2.9% (76.8 billion vehicle miles)
- all vehicle types have shown an increase, including:
- car traffic by 2.3% (60.8 billion vehicle miles)
- light goods vehicle traffic by 6.1% (10.7 billion vehicle miles)
- heavy goods vehicle traffic increased by 1.7% (3.9 billion vehicle miles)
- traffic volumes increased on all road types with larger increases on:
- motorways (4.9%)
- minor roads (3.6%)
- ‘A’ roads (1.4%).
Pre-release access list and related technical documentation is available .
Road traffic and free flow speeds statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 3095