Provisional estimates for road traffic in Great Britain between April to June 2013.
Comparing April to June 2013 with the same quarter the previous year we find that:
- all motor vehicle traffic increased by 2.9% (76.8 billion vehicle miles)
- all vehicle types have shown an increase, including:
- car traffic by 2.3% (60.8 billion vehicle miles)
- light goods vehicle traffic by 6.1% (10.7 billion vehicle miles)
- heavy goods vehicle traffic increased by 1.7% (3.9 billion vehicle miles)
- traffic volumes increased on all road types with larger increases on:
- motorways (4.9%)
- minor roads (3.6%)
- ‘A’ roads (1.4%).
Pre-release access list and related technical documentation is available .