This release presents provisional estimates for road traffic in Great Britain for the first quarter (January to March) of 2013.
Comparing Q1 (January to March) 2013 with the same quarter the previous year:
- All motor vehicle traffic decreased, by 2.3%, to 74.7 billion vehicle miles.
- All vehicle types have shown a decrease, including:
- Car traffic decreased by 1.9% to 59.6 billion vehicle miles.
- Light goods vehicle traffic decreased by 1.9% to 10.4 billion vehicle miles.
- Heavy goods vehicle traffic decreased by 3.8%, to 3.7 billion vehicle miles.
- Traffic volumes decreased on all road types, with larger decreases on rural and urban roads (2.5 and 2.9% respectively) than on motorways (0.7%).
Technical information/Pre-release access list
- Information on traffic statistics, including the pre-release access list and related technical documentation can be found here
- Phone: 020 7944 3095